Designer: Dying Over Tory Burch's Fall 2011 Collection

Nov 12, 2011

Most people have already moved on to the Spring/Summer 2012 collections, but I'm looking at the ones in stores this season. Lately I find myself reaching for more structured things (not that I have much tailored stuff in my closet!) to mix in with my lighter, floatier pieces. Now that the cold weather has arrived the key to surviving is layering, which can be tricky. If done wrong you end up looking sloppy and bulky, but structured silhouettes help achieve a polished look. 

Every time I look at Tory Burch's line I'm like yesyesyes, this is the type of thing I want to be wearing!!! It's boho and '70s, but very ladylike and grown up at the same time.  With a very neutral colour palette and the occasional pop of red, the visual interest lies in the mixing of prints and textures. Tweed paired with stripes, leather with chiffon, lace with more lace, I want it all!!

How awesome is this red coat??!



21 thoughts:

  1. Beautiful collection.

    http://bohemiandaydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great collection; and you are right this clothes can be wear and layer by most of us mortal human and not like some others designers that only design for size 0 or for people with millions in their bank accounts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog posting. I'm just blogwalking and very interesting to stop here and read your post. I like this.

    But, dont forget to give us your comment into my blog ya.

    Thanks for share.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comment! Glad I found your blog, I am now following:)
    www.alwayssaygrace.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. so gorgeous! i love this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Tory Burch collection.
    Very classy.

    I stumbled across your blog that's how I found you.
    Cared in following blogs via GFC?
    Check out my blog, let me know if you like it, maybe
    we can follow each other. Looking forward to see you there. Thanks!

    http://www.momfashionworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. So '70s and I want them all! I too have to deal with the find line of layering, I don't want to be cold yet I don't want to look like a have a square shaped body. I'm really looking into heavier material maxi skirts this season with somewhat oversized sweaters and belt to tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it all. Esp the first outfit. The print on the skirt is beautiful.

    http://heatherandthyme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like Tory - I think she's so popular because so many people because she is so relatable. Women feel like we know her - she's like us! What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ the Boston fashionista, I don't know much about Tory, I've only read a couple articles on her but she does seem very down to earth and personable. I like that her clothing is versatile enough that the pieces could work in anyone's wardrobe, no matter what their style :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow these are stunning...love ur blog....

    eastwestlifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the collection as well great source of inspiration!


    Ariane

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the casual chicness of this collection. Tory Burch is great at this style.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome collection, love every single piece

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome collection, love every single piece

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes, that red coat is amazing! these looks are all so gorgeous. wish i could afford these beautiful pieces!!!

    spinning-threads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is such a bohemian chic! LOVE this collection!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger