What You Waiting For?

Oct 3, 2011

dress Urban Outfitters, shoes Sperry, coat & rosary Vintage, sweater Talula Babaton (Aritzia), satchel Material Girl by Madonna, tights Joe Fresh

It's finally cold enough to wear sweaters and coats (fyi I already wrote how I feel about wearing fur here) which I love, bring on the layering! I'm also in love with these loafers, I've wanted leopard print shoes for the longest time. Until I found these Sperry Topsiders nothing (like these, these and these) seemed quite right. Recently The Bay has become one of my favourite stores, I didn't realize they carried such nice things until I actually went into one in Toronto. The local one is reeeaaaalllly bad, everything in it looks like it was left over from 1985 and geared towards the 60+ age group.  The ones in bigger cities are way better, they carry everything from Free People & Top Shop to designer labels like See by Chole.

I had a pretty chill weekend, found the perfect shade of orange-red nail polish (L'oreal apple of my eye), went out to eat a few times, watched Risky Business and pretty much just relaxed. Sometimes weekends staying in are just as fun as going out :)
In other news the lovely Gentri Lee has chosen Hippie Lace as the blog of the week, you can read my guest post here!

22 thoughts:

  1. You have such a lovely sense of style...I love that its daring, yet classic! :) If that makes sense at all.... basically what I'm trying to say it that I adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good gosh, between that fantastic coat and your printed loafers i just don't know what's better! plus all your rockin' accessories are ace!!

    i'm excited about fall, even if this morning i woke to a big dump of rain, the leaves are turning their golden colors and we can finally pull out the heavy duvet to lay under at night. it's the BEST! love the layering aspect of it as well, with you 100%.

    looks like your weekend was really good, staying in and cozy with handsome company is pretty much my idea of the perfect time too. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only been a couple of Bay stores, but you're right, the one I saw in Toronto was way better stocked. I started looking at all the pretty things, and it just so happens I was there 10 minutes before closing. No expensive beautiful pieces for me! You look so cute in that dress!

    http://mygrowingobsessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw your post on Gentri Lee! Your blog is awesome :) Thank you for sharing on there! I love your loafers ( I love a touch of animal print...so fun).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just found your blog from Gentri Lee and I'm already loving it! So glad I found Hippie Lace!

    Best,
    Jesica
    jwpeony.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I absolutely L O V E your coat!!! this is boho perfection and sooo similar to almost famous!
    I wnat it now :) what a pitty it is vintage and I can't steal your style ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the sweater over the dress, and i LOVE this coat. you look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That look is amazing, I love your style!!

    I have a giveaway on my blog, you should have a look :)
    http://lovelyprettyworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool outfit!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. great news about your blog! who's the guy playing the guitar? that dress with those shoes, the coat, & hair looks spectacular!
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just realized it's your boyfriend duh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. so, so happy to find and follow you through miss gentri! such a fabulous choice for blogger of the week! your style is so effortlessly chic and i love, love it. those nails are fierce, girl! hope your week is beautiful:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been going through your blog and love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hey there! just found you through gentri's blog and i'm so glad i did! looking forward to following along :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look! Your coat is beautiful and perfect for fall temps!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG I WANT your COAT! Super cool instagram photos too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are so cute and original!

    ReplyDelete
  18. gasp! that coat is amaaaazing! super cute bag and loafers too :) xo, laura

    ReplyDelete
  19. look at that coat! it's perfect....and for $10?? Whenever I find awesome vintage coats like yours at a thrift store, they've always marked them up already (sometimes to as much at $50+). Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I agree, so many vintage stores charge so much for coats! I went to one last summer and the coats started at $300! There's a salvation army close to my work so I try and stop by at least one a week or every other week to check things out. I've managed to snag 3 great winter coats so far!

    & thank you all for your lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger