sleeping with the lights on

Oct 19, 2011



dress American Apparel, jacket Staring at Stars (UO), headband UO,
purse Nine West, boots Vintage

Soooo it's really not a good idea to watch the original Children of the Corn right before bed when you live in the country... really close to fields of corn! The ultimate boogie man, Stephen King, knows how to write a story that gets under your skin and keeps you up at night. Just like The Stand, one of my favourite books/movies (surprisingly in the movie Molly Ringwald has a wicked, but slightly frumpy 90s wardrobe), Children of the Corn was suspenseful and thankfully not too gory. There's just something about old horror films that I love!  

I'm starting to realize I have a thing for maxi dresses and stripes, and striped maxi dresses, I think its time to branch out and try new things!

 

15 thoughts:

  1. i haven't seen Children of the Corn since i was a kid! i will have to watch it again sometime soon. i have a love/hate relationship with scary movies. i love watching them and freaking myself out, but then i can't sleep for about a week afterward! this maxi dress is fabulous. and it looks so comfy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so beautiful in this striped Maxi dress!!! Love your hair!!! Kisses from sunny Greece!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Stephen King knows what he is doing alright! I used to live near corn fields.... they can be kind of spooky around this time of the year! I love your maxi dresses. Loving that headband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that maxi dress (something I definitely need more of in my closet) and you've styled it so perfectly!

    xoxo ~ Courtney
    http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your look, the dress is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. maxi dresses make for great layering pieces so i can see why you like them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dress is amazing, love maxis in autumn!

    thank you so much for your lovely comments, can't wait to see what you got on ebay :D

    xx viviane
    hippiebohoreloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be up all night near tears if I watched that before bed! I'm a baby :(

    Love your outfit :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. GAH! I can't believe you did that! haha! I just don't watch scary movies... period. I'm such a baby. :/

    I do however love maxi dresses, and stripes, and striped maxi dress as well. :) Can't get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot watch scary movies or read scary books. Ever. Or I will not sleep for weeks. It's ridiculous how much my imagination wanders!
    I love your hair. The color is gorgeous!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I love your striped maxi! And ugh, Children of the Corn FREAKS ME OUTT! I will never feel completely comfortable near a cornfield for the rest of my life, I don't know how you LIVE next to one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ee! i can't watch scary movies! i was bout to watch that show american horror stories, but i chickened out. i watched about 2 minutes, then i realized something scary would eventually come and i ditched it! lol :) i love the outfit- the maxi dress + the jacket is gorgeous! :) youre so cute!

    sharde @ the style projectsv

    ReplyDelete
  13. you look adorable, I love the neutral color of that dress. I can't believe you watched children of the corn right before bed! I would never be able to sleep, but that sounds like something I would do. Im also a huge sucker for old horror films

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your hair in the picture! Very cute. Also read your post about dslr tips. Great tips, thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger