Off To Never Never Land

Oct 13, 2011

Forever 21 dress

I was initially drawn to this peter pan collar dress because it reminded me of a grandma, the 90s, Alexa Chung and Courtney Love all at the same time. I like it but it's been really tricky to style. No matter what I seem to pair it with it always looks TOO something. Too hipsterish, too little kid, too preppy. On me it seems to be one of those things that's best worn as a stand alone piece.

In other news I'm getting my DSLR this weekend, fingers crossed the store has them in stock and I don't have to order the one I want. I can't wait! I know it's the photographer that takes the picture and not the camera, but I can't help but feel that having a decent camera is the first step in taking good photos!

16 thoughts:

  1. Love this :) Your braid is really cute too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect child style! love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is so cute. i love it just on it's own with those adorable mary janes. so exciting about getting a new camera (although your pictures always look great).

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so lucky! I would love a nice camera!! And I love that dress! I've wanted a white blouse w a Peter pan collar for a long time and can't find one! :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks preppy on you, and great at the same time.I like the socks and the shoes, it gives it, as
    you say an Alexa Chung thing!!!'

    Love Peter Pan collars!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that dress! i sigh. you're spot on with the references. it also reminds me of Wednesday from the addams family. to me, that's a good thing.
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely dress!

    GTBB,
    http://badjoan.blogspot.com
    http://cookingjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This dress looks great on you. We love the collar which gives an edgy look to it.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely dress, looks great with the socks and shoes. Your pictures look great, I would not have known that you don't have a DSLR, looking forward to seeing your pictures with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the peter pan dress and I agree that it looks really great as a stand alone piece. Excited for your camera! Yes, its the photographer that takes the pictures but a dslr has so many functions that can really make a difference and it shows in the photos! Can't wait to see which one you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah so cute!! It looks lovely on you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is dress is adorable! I LOVE peter pan collars. And congrats on the DSLR! I'm going to be getting one in just a couple of months and I'm so so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Peter Pan collars make me swoon, scalloped lace Peter Pan collars made me swoon even more! New here and love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this dress! Looks so cute on you!

    x

    Marielle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger