The nature of the experiment

Oct 16, 2011

dress F21, boots Urban Behaviour, clutch Club Monaco, sweater BCBG

Besides watching scary movies to gear up for Halloween this week, I did a little procrastinating, which meant packing for Toronto consisted of tossing some random items in a suitcase at the last minute. At least I remembered to pack some weird wool Zara harem pants that kept me warm while watching the Toronto City Marathon (random non-fashion blog fact: I'm a runner). I also packed this dress, but sadly not much to wear with it. I really like the colour (very fall-ish) and the fact it's polyester, which is not something you'll hear me say often! I figured the bottom wouldn't catch and snag on things like silk maxi dresses.

Busy weekend but I got to spend time at some of my favourite places like Bar Volo and Fresh, and hit up a photography expo because I was given free tickets when I got my camera! Caught a bit of the marathon and saw two guys sprinting to the finish line who ended up qualifying for the Olympics, the first time we've been able to send Canadian athletes in 11 years! Sadly, I didn't see the 100 year old man who was aiming to set a world record. Here are a few hipsta's from the weekend, I hope you all had a nice weekend too :)


24 thoughts:

  1. What a nice weekend. I'm loving those boots! These photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore those boots! I have a similar pair (though not as cute) that I will be wearing in my outfit post on Wednesday! :) Love boots. Looks like a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress!
    xoxo
    Silvia
    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy monday! it looks like you had a wonderful weekend. that dress looks really great on you! i love the color and i love it with those cool boots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. very cute outfit. love all the weekend pictures.

    Lindsay

    p.s. i really love the last post's outfit too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that dress is seriously amazing. Love the color! I like how the boots rough it up a bit, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. gorgeous dress! That color is oh sooo yummy! Was this pic taken with your new camera? Looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great dress, and I agree, it's a perfect color. What's that O you're eating? Onion rings? Looks fried and delicious. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Weekend win! haha I am in LOVE with that bun on your head. I love messy buns :) and those onion ring looking things look delishhh

    Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  10. the bun doesn't look great in everybody.. you CAN rock it!! love the combo and the food!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmmm....yummy food! Love your boots! Nice blog. I'm now following ;-)

    www.fashionpad.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes I used my new camera for that pic but I've figured out how to actually use it since then! And yes those are onion rings (quinoa covered ones) from Fresh Restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yay :) I'm a runner too! I love the color of your dress, perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful coloured dress. I agree sometimes polyester is just more practical.

    ReplyDelete
  15. all such beautiful images. looks like such a great weekend! and i just adore your outfit. the shoes that you paired with it give it more of that relaxed edge!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely pictures and I love what you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  17. kind of obsessed with your hair in the first pic. teach me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. this yellow dress is such a stunner, you really know how to rock maxis


    xx viviane
    hippiebohoreloaded.

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the outfit! Great photos girl! Thanks for stoppin by :)

    xo sherri from
    SHERRI AMOUR

    ReplyDelete
  20. The yellow dress is just gorgeous! Sometimes Forever21 has the cutest pieces.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger