Normal is Weird

Sep 26, 2011

dress Dillema (Aritzia), boots Town Shoes, satchel Material Girl by Madonna, cardi BDG (UO),
scarf Aldo

This is my 'hotel fire alarm went of at 3am and I'm very tired' face. Luckily no fire, just a lot of confused people in the hallways of the Sheraton Hotel. Toronto was a blast as usual and with so many fun things to do, there was little time left for sleep. I managed to get some shopping in, I bought this satchel from Madonna's new line Material Girl. It's really nice and I figure it'll tide me over until I either forget about the Mulberry Alexa or I break down and buy it! 

Friday night Jay and I went to a dinner hosted by the Flying Monkey Brewery; a 5 course sit down meal. It was surprisingly intimate and laid back; 10 guests and 3 people from the Brewery. Jay's really into craft beer and through him I've picked up the basics. I have a broad overview of the whole beer making process, but by no means am I a connoisseur. So when we sat down to dinner and we were sitting beside Peter (owner) and Paul (brew master) I kept thinking "I hope I don't make a fool of myself"!!!! Luckily they were really down to earth people and it was a fun night. There were some really good pairings during the meal and I discovered a new favourite beer, a dark IPA called Netherworld, which is the first dark beer I actually like.

After that event (which lasted close to 4 hours) we headed down to C'est What where we met up with my cousin, who I haven't seen since last Christmas, and his friend. The place was packed and before we knew it, our server was letting us know it was last call!

16 thoughts:

  1. Hi american beauty!!! You look so great in this post today, just love the cardigan...and everything else!!! You bag is really cool!
    Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a fabulous weekend! and you look gorgeous, of course. i love that lace dress. and that material girl bag is pretty great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh,i hate being woken up suddenly. sounds like a fun beer tasting! i adore the way you style your clothes together. when did madonna start a clothing line? i think your friend probably likes broken social scene. i like them too. funny thing is, i also saw them play, at the festival. i'll show photos of that later. :)
    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firstly? Imma snatch that satchel. For reals.
    Secondly? Imma put those boots in the satchel when I snatch it.
    Thirdly? You look like Kim Kardashian in these photos, but purtier, and wivout 18 lbs of makeup. That is not fair.

    Mwah!
    Shannan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, ya- love that bag!!! And those shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm absolutely in love with you bags... actually, with your WHOLE style! You are gorgeous lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That purse is divine! and I love it paired with the black and white stripes. Brown and black is one of my favorite color combinations.
    -Meagan
    www.spunkychateau.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by! You are so adorable and love your lace dress. The bag is pretty great too. Sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. What's better than beer, food, and good company?

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. ooo 3am fire alarm is no good! Im sure there were some angry people! You look great and I love all your photos throughout your stay in Toronto! Lovely bag! So cute, great shape and color, I say great purchase! Also love the photo of you by the elevator! Really nice jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  10. what would we do without our guys to takes photos of in our shmancy getups? :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love this outfit! You look great! 3am fire alarm does not sound like much fun though :/ haha x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hotel fire alarm at 3 a.m.??? I WOULD DIE. You look remarkably amazing for getting such little sleep. I love this outfit!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are so beautiful, wishing I could steal all your wardrobe ;) maybe I'll try the fire alert trick ... haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have boots just like those! I love them - you are rocking this look!

    Thanks so much for commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for the compliments and comments :)

    @teddi, I think Madonna's line material girl is pretty new because they are really pushing it. I heard ads for it on the radio & it's in the display windows at the bay.

    @aqui, I don't know what we'd do without our impromptu photographers!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That lace is gorgeous. Your instagrams are sick, too.

    xo
    sydaaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger