As long as there's a view to look to, fence me in and keep me close to you

Sep 7, 2011


Summer is pretty much over, evidenced by the fact it's no longer warm enough to wear '90s rompers without being chilly. I'm infatuated with clothing from back in the day and memories of that awkward era. It's funny flipping through old photo albums and seeing no one give much thought to style; we all wore what everyone else wore (and what was being sold in malls across the country). Now that there's a bit of a '90s revival going on, its interesting to see how the past is interpreted and reinvented by the fashion industry. I love coming across a vintage '90s piece, not only does it make me a bit nostalgic, but it's as if all the clothes were designed with an hour glass figure in mind and thus works for me :)

romper  & purse Vintage, kimono Blu Moon, boots Town Shoes






16 thoughts:

  1. I like the boots and the clutch. Very nice boho/hippie look.

    following~

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your mix of prints. and that kimono is fabulous! gorgeous, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. k, LOVE this outfit. I've noticed the 90's trend too, but it's done so much better this time around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous florals! I absolutely love how hippie-chic and feminine you are! Definitely following you!

    Sincerely,
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so beautiful! Remind me Eva Longoria!

    XoXo
    Plami

    http://fashion-thrill.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous kimono! I would love to find a 90's rachel dress for myself! It is such a flattering silhouette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty how you layered the kimono over the dress.....same length...I'm going to have to try that! You look as beautiful as ever! Hippie Hugs! ~Serene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very pretty! I love everything about this outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the kimono!

    XOXO
    Silvia

    http://bohememoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. H&M and Target both have issues with fabrics when it comes to their designer collaborations. I think the Swedish Hasbeens were less horrible than their Matthew Williamson collab. Target is probably worse because they also have fit issues on top of the crap material. I think it's going to take a really good piece to make me purchase a high street collab, especially when you can get designer items at such a discount on sites like Yoox (although it's a pain to dig through that site).

    ReplyDelete
  11. The 90's clothing really brings back memories for me, I was in college and law school in the 90's. And I had the hourglass figure....

    I love the mixed prints on you, and that photo is so dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh this is so romantic, totally love this flower print!chic outfit!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your KIMONO!!!! You look so gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Summer is back today! And in the meantime, you certainly found a glam way of layering up. I lovvvve that necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  15. adore your style. the end.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger