You Say Midi, I Say Dress!

Jul 13, 2011


In case the title didn't tip you off, you should know I'm wearing this skirt as a dress. Midis are all over the blogosphere these days and I love the look of them... on other people. I'm not sure exactly what it is, but when I put them on I feel frumpy. Perhaps it's because I have yet to find one that's the perfect length. 

I bought this midi skirt the last time I stopped in my favourite vintage store. In the change room I could tell it looked odd on me. When I came out to use the three way mirror, the store owner stayed silent, when she always has something to say. That was not a good sign! I really liked the pattern so I wasn't quite ready to give up, I tried it on again as a dress, grabbed a belt and felt much more like myself. The owner did a double take when I came out of the change room the second time and couldn't stop raving about how much better it looked as a dress! I couldn't agree more, but I'm still on the lookout for the perfect midi. It's somewhere out there :)

skirt worn as dress Vintage, belt Vintage, cardigan Lux (UO), shoes Jeffrey Campbell, purse FCUK

16 thoughts:

  1. Hope you find that skirt soon! Love that you're wearing a skirt as a dress, think I might try that some time!

    http://weardoesshego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is my favorite way to wear a midi skirt. i feel the same as you in them...frumpy! but as a dress, they are so cute. you look adorable, as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys :) the best thing about wearing a midi as a dress is (for tall girls) they tend to be the perfect length! Well for work wear anyways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I say: GORGEOUS!!! Love the dress in you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This skirt looks PERFECT as a dress! You look beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wear skirts as dresses all the time too!
    Even yesterday I found this gorgeous mini dress at h&m... except it was a skirt, and looked quite ugly as a skirt, actually ... :p

    fashionatemybrains.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the added belt with this look. Such a pretty print. Currently your newest follower.

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Genius! It looks so gorgeous I would have never known it was a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is such a great alternative! You look gorgeous and you've just inspired me to try this with my midi. Fantastic idea lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww I would never say it`s a skirt! perfect styling!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving how you made this "yours". Owning it in your own way and your own styling. So glad you commented on my blog so that I could discover your lovely face, style, and blog. You're GORGEOUS! Looking forward to lots more....

    ReplyDelete
  12. very cute & creative!
    Thanks for commenting btw..

    http://gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous outfit, you look lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  14. somebody's creative with their fashion. i love it! fabulous color combo, as well.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger