and I won't tell em your name

Jul 12, 2011


Isn’t it crazy how reliant we are on technology and don’t even notice? And if one thing doesn’t work we use something else? Every morning via text I chat with my sis, but yesterday when I hadn’t heard from her/received no response to my messages I hopped onto facebook to find out why. Turns out her blackberry went mia during a trisport tournament. Later on in the day I overheard two coworkers discussing how in the 80s long distance phone plans were non existent. One lady use to receive $500 phone bills just from talking to her fiancé on the other side of the country! That seems so insane! I’m glad of the progress we’ve made and how easy it is to stay in touch with loved ones these days. On another note I’m really loving my iphone 4 :)

boots Vintage, clutch Club Monaco, cardigan Aritzia, dress Costa Blanca

Some evening weekend attire: tiny dress, large sweater and vintage boots. Easy-peasy.

14 thoughts:

  1. In so many ways we are more connected than ever, but in the same way, almost more disconnected. You sister didn't call you to tell you she lost her phone, you had to find out on her facebook!

    But I love my iphone 4 too, and your sweet leopard cardi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so true! We are connected yet disconnected. Haha and yeah i found out via facebook, I think my Sis figured that she'd find her phone shortly. her status was something along he lines of 'I lost my phone, if anyone finds a blackberry it's mine!' lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love my iphone but sometimes the technology gets too much for me and I just want to switch it off for a while

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your necklace and boots, very stylish

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so cute! I have some glasses like that and love them! :) So glad you're loving your iphone4! I love mine so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Certainly is crazy... how amazing that we can communicate through so many different means and reach out to so many places and people! Love the boots by the way!

    http://weardoesshego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. those boots! i love them. and the cardigan. you look so cool and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the progression of technology is incredible but as you said, this is also why we're all extremely reliant on it. You listen to me bitch day after day about my internet issues :) Love the whole outfit! The dress is adorable, I really like the plunging neckline with that necklace. Hope you're having a good week so far my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forgot to hit reply to your comment- but yes! It is the Essie Turquoise and Caicos! :D I love it so much. It's my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that dressy-dress with the leopard and the clompy boots! Great contrasting styles that work harmoniously.

    I once had a $475 cell phone bill from numerous conversations with my now-hubby, who was living hundreds of miles away at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you quoted my band. well the lead singer/ guitarist is the reason i picked up a guitar. anyway, technology is amazing, although i sometimes wonder if we're all spoiled tech addicts.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome you play the guitar :) that's something I've always wanted to learn how to do!

    I definitely think we are spoiled tech addicts these days. Think of stressed out people get if true smart phone dies and they don't have a charger! And in not just talking about myself, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very happy to read this. This is the type of manual that needs to be given and not the

    accidental misinformation that's at the other blogs. Appreciate your sharing this best doc.
    Feel free to surf my web-site - http://graffinscollege.com/index.php?option=com_blog&view=comments&pid=649384&Itemid=219

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! This post could not be written any better!

    Reading this post reminds me of my old room mate! He always kept
    chatting

    about this. I will forward this write-up to him.

    Fairly certain he will have a good read.

    Thank you for sharing!
    Also see my web site :: 4 Channel amplifier Wiring kit

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger