Blow'in in the wind

Jul 24, 2011


The strapless dress; increasing your odds of a wardrobe malfunction one wear at a time. As much as I love this dress (mainly the print on it) I always feel just a teeny bit nervous wearing it as is because, well, there are no straps attached to hold it up! All the double sided tape in the world can't fix that! My solution is to throw a loosely knit sweater over top and call it a day.

These canvas boots are my new favourite find, can't say I've ever seen anything like them really. My sister and mom went shoe shopping and came back with all sorts of deals so I decided to try my luck. Well if you're a size eight and a half shoe, chances are most styles are gone once the end of season markdowns start. Or in my case, if you do manage to find a style of sandals you love there won't be an actual matching pair, but 2 different sizes in the size 8.5 box. How does that happen?! Once I abandoned the idea of new sandals I discovered these boots and well the rest is history ;)

boots Aldo, bag FCUK, dress Billabong, sweater Anthro, feather necklace & ring F21

17 thoughts:

  1. Wow, I a your fan: you look so nice in your indian outfit, and love your indian feather's necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look SO cute!!! Oh my goodness! I loooove this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really a cute outfit and I love how you edited your pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the hippie vibe. The necklace is perfect and I love how you fixed the dress with a sweater over the top! I've never seen boots like these either but they look so versatile and really simple so you can pair them with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those boots are awesome! and i love the sweater over the dress. very boho chic. you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the print on this dress too, and how you wear it with sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! So smart to put a nice knitted top over :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that first shot is so beautiful. I love those canvas shoes. You styled this outfit nice with the knit overlay. -xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sweater over the dress, totally mixing and matching and I'd never have thought to put the 2 together! Thanks for the inspiration. <3

    renewvintage.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos and beautiful outfit. I have the same problem with strapless dresses, with two children who have a tendancy to pull at my clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great outfit! Loved how you paired the sweater with the strapless dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look so pretty! Love the first picture. And the boots ;-)

    xx
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yeah strapless is a pain for me too. you rocked it though. i adore the whole outfit, & the great photos. i want those boots.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. that's a lovely and promising blog you got here! totally following!

    loved your diy projects!

    http://myfashioninsider.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your open knit sweater!!! cute look overall!!!

    and your wreath diy is so great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger