That's So 90s

Jun 20, 2011


I've had quite a bit of luck thrifting last week, one of my finds being this flowered 90s dress. Although it's a big snug (on the lookout for a wide corset style belt to fix that) it's the perfect shape. Why don't they make dresses cut like this anymore? It's such a flattering silhouette! Cute and comfortable it was the perfect thing to wear for a father's day brunch.

I'm glad that I scored some great things this week thrifting (like a floor length white silk embossed kimono style bed jacket) because I was beginning to get frustrated. It's been months since I've found something second hand worth buying. That's the thing with shopping second hand, it takes up a lot of time and requires a lot of patience, but you can walk away with a unique item for super cheap. The funniest thing about second hand stores, at least where I live anyways, is how they price things/what they consider valuable. I see the most beautiful vintage clothing for mere pennies and then I'll come across something "new" like a cheaply made velvet beaded jacket for $89.99, which is a complete rip-off! I'm not complaining though, because it works out for me!

dress Vintage, clogs Steve Madden, clutch F21, jewellery F21/Vintage/Club Monaco

10 thoughts:

  1. really a cute 90's frock, my dear! like the clutch :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely outfit! The clutch looks soo good :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a cute throwback dress. I could see that dress in an episode of My So Called Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty dress, pretty girl :) all of your blog photos are beautiful!!

    Corinne xo
    http://corinnemonique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love second hand shopping too. That dress is a great find it looks fab on you. I have noticed the prices of second hand clothes going up lately obviously there is a growing market for them

    ReplyDelete
  6. it is soo 90's but sooo cute! Reminds me of something Rachel on Friends would wear! I agree with your thrift concept, often times they have no idea what is valuable! I've found great pieces for nothing and seen new A&F graphic tees for $20, which I want nothing to do with. But as you said, works great for us gals looking for something a little different! LOVE your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  7. move over my so called life!!! ahahaha all joking aside you look GORGEOUS here---and the dress fits you like a glove!!! soooooo good!!! and thanks sooooo much for all of your super sweet amazing comments---and i thiiiink spell ships to canada! they should!!! you gotta get one! my favorite little bag! much love pretty!

    xx
    ashley <3

    pursenboots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe all the My So Called Life references! That's what I was going to title the post, but I wasn't sure anyone would get the what I was talking about!

    It's such a great dress - I'm already thinking up ways I can wear this it with different outfits :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look wonderful in that dress, such a pretty girl x

    ReplyDelete
  10. straight out of my so-called life. my fave tv show ever!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger