LBD. Long Black Dress, Steeped With Memories

Jun 17, 2011


Two years ago upon returning home from a trip out west, my boyfriend surprised me with tickets to go see Elton John and Billy Joel in concert. Hell Yeah!!! I quickly emptied my suitcase that contained two weeks worth of dirty laundry and haphazardly tossed clean things in. Once in our Toronto hotel room I realized my suitcase contained nothing suitable for the concert, what does one wear to see a legend?! A quick trip to Queen Street and one black maxi dress later I had that question answered. 

Since then I've wore this dress to a laid back wedding and to work (once), each time paired with different pieces. There are good memories associated with it and many of my clothes actually. Perhaps that's why my closets overflowing, I don't like to get rid of sentimental things. It all works out anyways I still wear some pieces from 10 years ago! 

On a completely unrelated note, I've finally decided what to do with this fringed purse and have come up a couple of side projects as well. I'm heading to the craft and bead store shortly, I hope these projects turn out the way I want them too! Stay tuned...

dress Guess, scarf Le Chateau, purse FCUK, sunnies Urban Outfitters
crop top Club Monaco

6 thoughts:

  1. what a lovely dress n outstanding combination ;)) xxx

    http://emilietrend.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look lovely. I am totally inspired by this.
    And so great to hear the memories of the dress. I love when a piece of old clothing brings back memories like an old song does.
    Daphne.
    http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love long black skirts and the fact that you like Elton John! I just looovve him! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the bag! I too have a black purse that I'm currently projecting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love versatile pieces that you can wear in lots of different ways. Great outfit, the scarf finishes it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful and romantic...you look gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you turned what could've been a disaster into a magical moment! how was the concert? freaking amazing, i bet.

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger