Hippie Meets Lady, The Perfect Balance

Jun 8, 2011


Increasingly I find I turn to my favourite bloggers for inspiration rather than the pages of a fashion magazine. There's something so raw and honest about seeing the style of a real person with a job, bills and personal responsibilities as opposed to a spread in a magazine. Both are equally as creative but one is more relatable than the other.

When I ventured onto lookbook last night for the first time in ages, I discovered the Swedish blogger Annawii. Typical of someone with an individualistic sense of dressing it's possible to name elements that contribute to her look: "boho", "romantic", "classic" but impossible to find one word that accurately describes it entirely. Kind of like how the Olsen's approach to dressing couldn't be categorized and warranted a new word.

12 thoughts:

  1. wow, shes gorgeous! I love all the colors she uses in her outfits! You're right, there isn't really a single word that describes her style accurately. I totally agree with you on the inspiration thing too. I find that I rarely buy magazines anymore. Its much easier and much more fun to look to bloggers instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really love the first outfit a lot, so boho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is friggin ridiculously good. like dreamcatcher magic good. sigh

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know I've already commented but congrats on making the links a la mode list! So excited for you! Just wanted you to know that I'm excited everytime I see you've posted something new :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I defintiely love getting my inspiration from bloggers more than magazines too, much more real. I love her style.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These outfits are great. I love the stag ring she is wearing in the second and the dream catcher is great.
    She has great style.

    Daisy Dayz Home
    Cross-Jones-Photography Home

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your look! The fringe looks so good on you.

    Leia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so kind and I'm so flattered! Thank u dear!!

    www.annawii.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my those shoes are Ah-Mazing!! Thanks for introducing us to a new blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. omg, how come i've never heard of her? those shoes!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger