The Fancy Treehouse, Coury Comb's Whimsical Style

Jun 27, 2011

"Her style is very unclassifiable. Sometimes she looks like a valentine, sometimes Madeleine, sometimes someone from the seventies, sometimes a bit anthropologie, and sometimes a weird baggy style I’ve never seen before. She looks like a model and yet she writes in a very funny self deprecating modest way." (source)


Coury Combs runs the blog The Fancy Treehouse which is a wonderful piece of happiness on the internet. She's a free spirit who demonstrates through her whimsical clothing that when it comes to personal style and fashion, there really are no rules. Her site is filled with beautiful photography, humorous antidotes and colour combinations you wouldn't think would work but do. The Fancy Treehouse is an great source of inspiration and a definite mood lifter, it's nice to read the writing of someone who has so much joy.

Coury runs a vintage ebay shop filled with the treasures featured on her blog. Although many of the dresses I wanted were sold out, I did manage to snag one :) I can't wait for it to arrive, but who can say when that will be as there's a Canada wide postal strike. When it does get here I'll be sure to post pictures!

9 thoughts:

  1. I ordered something from shopbop about a month ago and have yet to get it. Mail coming to Hawaii takes forever! I keep thinking about you because I one of the firsts post I read of yours, you talked about the postal strike in Canada. I can only imagine how frustrating that must be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting!
    I love Fancy Treehouse and her style!
    Also, cute blog!
    I'm following!


    http://gloriousdaisies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is gorgeous...I love her baggy style. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed she is great. I will visit the blog right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great find. Thanks for sharing! I always like the blogs you recommend

    - Dee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huge fan of her! I love your blog too :) You have great style!

    xx

    sftrend

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been reading coury's blog for who knows how many months too. she's an inspiration!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Just found I was "the source" through google analytics. Thanks for quoting me!
    --drburnshead

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger