Back To Basics, Silk & Linen

Jun 11, 2011



Two of my favourite summer fabrics linen and silk, the key to surviving the summer heat and humidity. I'm rediscovering the versatility of blouses, not only are they as comfortable as t-shirts but paired with shorts they don't seem so dressy. The perfect outfit for visiting friends in the afternoon then going out at night. Not so good for longer car rides, spent a couple hours in the car travelling to Ottawa today and by the time the bf and I arrived I needed an iron!

shorts Winifred (Aritzia), blouse Winifred (Aritzia), purse NineWest, scarf Urban Outfitters


12 thoughts:

  1. love the silk blouse!! Looks so cool with the cross :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this look! Linen and silk really are so "summer!" I like how you've tied the scarf around your bag, too :)

    -j
    sorelle in style

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's jus so pretty, love this outfit, you look wonderful !x

    ReplyDelete
  4. i absolutely love this look! perfect for summer :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so chic!!! Love the outfit paired with the boots..thanks for dropping in. Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I'm LOVING your version of shorts with boots too! I love neutrals like this. Super outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Found u through fbff! Love ur laid back style and this topnis beautiful!

    Tiffanie
    Www.anewfoundlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silk and linen are wonderful for summer, though linen is definitely a pain since it needs so much ironing! This looks lovely and cool for summer. I really love sleeveless blouses at the moment... I may need to stock up. And I really enjoy the way you layer so much jewellery and even the scarf on the bag. Beating the one-dimensional-ness of summer dressing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your top it looks so fresh and light. I wish i could find a blouse like this! It looks super cute on you, and the necklace looks great! I love the whole outfit, it's pulled together well! glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. those boots!

    http://honeybeelane.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, la-la-loving this outfit too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger