Vintage Treasure - A Not So Grandma Dress

May 1, 2011

I discovered a new vintage shop in the town where I work, and on my last trip there I bought this dress, which has become my new favourite thing. Completely see through I had to hunt down a slip, which to my surprise, was pretty hard to do. I love this dress and I’m going to have to figure out different ways to wear it. Hmmmmmmm.







(dress & belt vintage, boots Nine West)

There was another dress at the store that I was on the fence about because I didn't want to deal with the alterations. The downside of wearing vintage is often you have to have your clothes altered and dry cleaned before you wear them. Now that I've had a night to sleep on it and I'm STILL thinking about that dress I'm going into panic mode at the thought of someone else getting it! I hope it's still there later today. 

EDIT: I threw on some textured tights after I posted this and saw the pictures! Tights made the dress more office appropriate (sort of).

11 thoughts:

  1. what a great vintage find !! its gorgeous


    stop by sometime<3
    http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the chest embrodery on the dress a lot, it's a really great find!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do not delay! Go back and get that dress! LOL Usually when I'm still thinking about something I walked away from, it means that I HAVE to release myself from that anxiety and go back and make it mine! This dress is so lovely! Since it's so thin, you could probably wear it under another skirt, to bodice is just gorgeous. I love the way you have it on in the pics....isn't it fun to try different ways to wear something? :)

    Serene

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great find! I really taht dress! and the way you styled your hapr complements it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress, and I love the boots with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that dress, amazing neckline. Unique and chic. Fab outfit :)

    http://redumbrellachronicles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh it is sooo pretty!!! i hope the other dress is still there :D
    http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. That vintage dress is just so stunning!! :)SarahD

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this dress on you. . the colour is so deep and fabulous! somehow you channel the look of some exotic princess :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress, and can't wait to see the other one from the vintage shop I know you will go get!

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's beautiful em k! the boots are marvelous too. i'm dying to know if you got the other dress too. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hippie Lace All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger